Carrie and I have purchased some gDiapers (at the recommendation of our good friend John Downing.) We have 4 of them and like them so far - not having used them for poop yet obviously. They have a flushable, bio-degradable insert that you remove from the outside cover. You can check them out
HERE. I think we're leaning towards them, but we'll try some pocket diapers too, at least to start. Check them out!
Soooooooooooooo cute!
Okay...a couple of things. I really like John Downing and all, and I know he is a fellow with lots of good info. However, could you fill me in on his "diaper expertise" please?
ReplyDeleteAlso...was wondering... what leads you to be pleased with them so far? Are you trying them out yourselves or what? I can't quite figure it out.
Seriously....they look very cute.
Okay...a couple of things. I really like John Downing and all, and I know he is a fellow with lots of good info. However, could you fill me in on his "diaper expertise" please?
ReplyDeleteAlso...was wondering... what leads you to be pleased with them so far. Are you trying them out yourselves or what? I can't quite figure it out.
Seriously....they look very cute.
Okay....I'm a doofus...sorry about the double posting!
ReplyDeleteJoyce must have posted twice because she was speaking for me as well. Does John have a kid we should know about? Are you planning to try to compost the pee-only diapers (as recommended by their website)? I'm very intrigued by these and can't wait to diaper your baby!
ReplyDeletethough we haven't actually used them yet, we really like the concept--a cotton cover, washable liner and 100% biodegradable insert. the user testimonies at the berkeley parents network make them sound pretty easy to use and reliable. plus, not nearly as much laundry as pocket diapers and far more minimal start-up costs. we're still giving the pockets a try, but are excited about these as another option. btw, john knew about these not b/c of any infant expertise but as an eco-conscious guy.
ReplyDeleteI will definitely be interested in hearing how you like them once baby comes along. I've heard some not so good reviews on these, so I hope you have a much better experience than from some of the people I've spoken with. Is your septic system new?
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of people try various types of cloth dipes before settling in on one type (or continuing to use a combination). Mike and I are probably the exception to that rule, just using pockets.