Sunday, March 05, 2006

mmmm...curd

today is rob's 33rd birthday and i decided to bake him something for the occasion. i was very tempted to just pick up a lemon mist cake from yummy's (our favorite from the wedding), but instead endeavored to make the lemon-lime cake with pineapple curd from the cake mix doctor cookbook you see here. it's rob's second birthday cake in a row that included sprite as an ingredient--last year it was in the recipe i borrowed from jean for watergate cake (four, count em', four, similar recipes can be found here!). i'm pretty sure he's had a good birthday, but i'll let him blog about that...

in anticipation of our canoe trip this august, we ordered a new, two-person tent so we won't have to lug around the bigger tent that sleeps four.maybe it was a backlash against the three inches of slushy snow we woke up to this morning, but i couldn't help wanting to set it up in the living room this afternoon. oscar, our stalwart product tester, didn't quite know what to make of it, but i think he's often confused by our crazy human contraptions. we're hoping to be able to take the tent for a trial run over memorial day weekend at the maquoketa caves or iowa's pike's peak.

4 comments:

  1. Funny little camper-dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also....love the link! I've already bookmarked it. I hope Rob has forgotten the disasterous lemon cake I tried to make him when you were in Africa, Carrie. I don't remember quite what I did to it, but I do know that an appropriate way to describe that cake may have rhymed with "curd".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Car-rob,
    Continue to enjoy your blog, even as I resist the urge to make my own. Sorry to have missed celebrating Rob's birthday and of course I always love cake. especially lemon. Your lemon cake has come a long way. remember the coconut-haired one that was held together with frosting for our dear pal?
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting waiting waiting for an update....

    ReplyDelete