Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My Daughter is Terrified of Herky!


For true effect, you'll need to blow the above picture up; but it pains me to say that my daughter is terrified of Herky! Eleanor attended her first Iowa Homecoming parade last Friday and it was fantastic. While she's not ready to gather bags full of candy yet (many other kids took care of that) she did enjoy herself for the most part. When it came time for the obligatory Herky photo shoot, however, she because quite terrified. It was sort of disturbing to see. As much as I love Herky, Eleanor finds him quite distasteful. Luckily, she finds tigerhawks and Herky images to be really interesting at home and enjoys pointing at them and saying Herky. That gives me hope for the future. The way that the football team is performing lately, I feel about like she does in this picture myself.




For most of the evening, she was looking around, checking everything out.




She even got to share some of Papa's chocolate chip cookies!




Another frightened shot.




We had makeshift dinners from the Co-Op.




3 comments:

  1. I like the last non sequitur sentence.
    Also- maybe there was something in the air, because Henry wasn't a fan of Herky that night either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find herky kind of freaky myself. :o)
    Your family looks so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Rob or possibly Betsy being completely mortified about Herky at about that same age. I might even remember being afraid myself. But that was back in the days of the lumpy paper mache version.
    I'm pretty sure it's just a phase.
    The pictures are hilarious though.

    ReplyDelete