this morning, rob made apple fritters for breakfast from his dad's recipe. we don't do a lot of deep fat frying in our house, so it was a bit of an adventure. rob took a few liberties with the recipe, adding some more apple and a touch of cinnamon. the results were, predictably, delicious and very filling.



this afternoon, i finished seaming up the baby surprise jacket and sewed on the buttons. the last bits are my least favorite part of knitting because you're not actually doing any knitting. still, finally finishing a project is very satisfying! it turned out nicely, if i do say so myself. the DVD definitely helped--i'd be happy to share it with any interested knitter out there. here are front and back views of my first non-hat-or-booties baby garment. note the exercise/birth ball as background--it's the best seat in the house when you're 41 weeks pregnant!


carrie, it looks great! you really knocked that out quickly -- wow! So no news, huh? If an apple fritter doesn't make a baby want to join you out in the world, I'm not sure what else you can do. My fingers are crossed.
ReplyDeletes.
VERY cute sweater! You did a great job. I would like to borrow the DVD at some point. However, I have a few projects to complete before starting a sweater. But, keep me in mind.
ReplyDeleteGuess the acupuncture didn't get things started. I'll keep my fingers crossed that baby starts things happening real soon.
I want some of those fritters. My Mom used to make corn fritters....Yum!
Love you guys
Are you sure it's not Shmoo date? http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.timewarptoys.com/shmoo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.timewarptoys.com/shmoo.htm&h=302&w=180&sz=5&hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=hVh8WHn6UpnRYM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=69&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dshmoo%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us
ReplyDeletebeautiful sweater...would love to hear how the monday US and stress test went....
ReplyDelete