father's day...due date
yesterday we celebrated father's day with our dads over breakfast at fair grounds, IC's premier spot for organic, fair trade coffee and vegan waffles and french toast (you'd never suspect there are no eggs or dairy involved!). here they are, perusing their cards.
i think rob was hoping that he'd actually be a dad by father's day. no such luck, as you can see...
today is our official due date and though the day's not over yet, i strongly suspect that our baby, like the majority of first-borns, will be over 40 weeks when s/he arrives. we had a pre-natal appointment this morning and everything looks and sounds good--laura the midwife said that the baby has a "ready heartbeat." any day now, i hope...we scheduled a non-stress test and ultrasound for next monday just in case the little one stays put through the weekend. i wonder what the baby countdown widget at right will say tomorrow if it's already at 0 days today? hmmm...
I can't be the only one who is fighting the urge to call a few times a day to check in....
ReplyDeleteDid the midwife elaborate on what a "ready" heartbeat means? I've not heard that term.
Yeah, I want to call at least twice daily, but am restraining myself. I talked with Carrie yesterday....she said I will know when things start happening...I want to be sending good vibes that way.
ReplyDeleteyou are not alone, betsy. orion and I are trading off. however, I'm not sure if he actually makes his calls... instead I am just hanging out near the phone, convinced that as soon as I leave for the library the baby call will come.
ReplyDeletecarrie, i'm glad you brought up the widget; i had the same thought.
Agreed. I keep checking the blog daily, thinking maybe there will be a posting before a phone call. Can't wait to hear about little Nori or Elliott!
ReplyDeleteHa! The baby countdown widget reverts to counting upward. How strange!
ReplyDeleteUm? Nori? Huh-uh.
ReplyDeleteAs most of you know, Elliot and Eleanor are our primary choices. Stay tuned however... a surprise could be in store!
ReplyDeleteFor the record, I'm down with Eleanor.
ReplyDelete