
Oh boy, it's Saturday and that's the best day of the week! It's like 16 here today - the first time in weeks that it's been under freezing. Throughout January, the highs in Iowa were in the 30s-50s... it was the warmest January on record. I guess I sprayed enough CFC into the atmosphere in the 80s. My big news this week was that I got a new bike (see right.) It's really sweet. I rode it to work for the first time on Friday and I love it - super smooth. Now I need to figure out what to do with my old bike - I may try to post it on ebaY and sell it for local pickup.
We also got news that our good friends Jeff and Jess in Napa, CA had their second child this week (Mister X) and are currently thinking of a name for him. I suspect maybe he has one by this time however. His older brother Sam wanted to name him Patch because he was only opening one eye when he was born - I personally think that this is a great idea, there aren't enough people with pirate names around these days to satisfy my tastes.
Carrie and I watched Grizzly Man - the documentary about Timothy Treadwell (the guy who lived with Grizzly Bears for 13 years in Alaska before one ate him and his girlfriend.) Man that is nuts, but very well done. I would recommend seeing it.
I think Carrie and I are going to run some errands today and then watch the Hawks play against Michigan in basketball for first place in the Big Ten. For the first time in ages, the Iowa Basketball team is playing worth a crap and it's fun to see. Maybe they can win a game in the NCAA tourney this year! Nothing else super exciting so i'll sign out. Peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment