Friday, December 26, 2008

Recap

Christmas 2008 is in the books and we had a wonderful holiday. The best part is that Carrie and I still have a couple weeks off and lots of time coming up to spend with more extended family and friends. We are really looking forward to it. Just wanted to give a quick recap of the past few days' worth of events.



Carrie made a wonderful meal last night for her parents, my Mom, the two of us and Eleanor. It was a totally fantastic feast that she worked extremely hard on all afternoon. After it was over we were rewarded with Pork Roast with cider gravy, broccoli casserole, a Chevre/walnut salad, a Fennel dressing and rolls. It's making me hungry thinking about it right now. It was a great night with great company.



Eleanor sported her new shoes (from Auntie Sarah) and a new dress from Madison yesterday. As usual, she's carrying around "Sally" for the holiday season. I discovered yesterday that i've misinformed her and that this is Karen. I've only seen the cartoon 100 times, how did I mess that up??



She got a wooden counting clock that she really seems to like.



Her obligatory Paul's gift is a new saucer sled. I was tempted to get the sweet red steel American Flyer one but i distinctly remember from my childhood that metal saucer sleds pale in comparison to plastic ones for speed. We do want to get her a wooden toboggan however. We didn't use it today at Happy Hollow because it was like 50 degrees out and a slushy mess.



Eleanor got a really cool new kitchen to play with while at Grandma's house. She put dad's beer in the fridge for us. She really likes the kitchen and is VERY into "cooking" right now. She mainly makes toast.



This is her new dolly that she got from Grandma. She really likes it.



Another view of the gift opening at Grandma's house. You can see her new dish set in the foreground as well.



Here she is putting something in the frontloading washer.



Our annual Holiday shot.



This is my new favorite picture.




A video of Eleanor's new Christmas book reading.




Eleanor danced to Emmylou Harris (Light of the Stable) while I was next door delivering cookies to our neighbors. I'm glad Mom caught this on tape.

Hope you all had/have a wonderful, peaceful, happy and healthy holiday.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 AM

    I love that dress from Madison - she is super hip with her jeans on under it! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what a COOL kitchen set!!!! i may have to come over and play.

    ReplyDelete