Sunday, July 20, 2008

has her cake, eats it too


i was so excited to let her have some cake that the bib totally slipped my mind. there were even chocolate crumbs in her ears when she was done.
my first birthday wish for eleanor is that she approach all of life's joys and challenges with the same gusto as this piece of chocolate cake.
and surprisingly, she even had a nice nap afterwards!

4 comments:

  1. i absolutely love photos of 1-year-olds having their first piece of birthday cake. little tops that. and i happen to think that chocolate cake is the ONLY way to go for this very special experience. i also love how she's like a little actress, with all the paparrazi flashes in her face and what sounds like dozens of people gatherered around cooing and cheering her on. what a little star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:03 PM

    I especially like Rob's comment at the beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I sort of sounded lame there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:03 PM

    OH man! Best video ever! So you- tube-able! While Eleanor is certainly darling, I enjoyed the sounds of the peanut gallery just as much! It was like I was there, which, let me tell you, would have been nice.

    Oh, and yes Rob, your comment was totally lame. HA!

    ReplyDelete