Monday, April 30, 2007

Yellow Pine

There are more pictures coming soon - of tile and partially finished bathroom spaces. For now, however, I have included some pictures of the floor refinishing on the first floor. This is fully sanded and covered in 1 coat of polyurethane. It will get buffed and get 2 more coats before finishing but for now, I have the tile and shower guys working and I needed the flooring fellows out of the way (as well as the drywall contractor.) Both of them will have to come back later and finish up.

This is looking from the dining room into the living room.

This is looking out the front bay window in the living room.

Here is the now-beautiful stair landing that was covered in crappy tile and adhesive.


Here is the ceiling that I dropped in the downstairs bathroom. The new ceiling is about a foot lower than it was.


Here is the bathroom fan that I installed in the downstairs bath. It is ducted through the floor in the upstairs bathroom.


Here is the soffit that I framed out in the computer room next to the downstairs bath. This is the plumbing for the toilet in the upstairs bathroom. Both of these dropped areas will be drywalled and covered later on.
More soon...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:54 PM

    Wow! Nice work, my boy!!

    - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 PM

    It looks BEAUTIFUL. Rob, you are awesome! (Want to re-finish a house for us?!) It will look so different when you are done with it (which, as you know as a previous home-owner, is never, but still--when it's *mostly* done).

    ReplyDelete