Sunday, March 11, 2007

More Work

Well, another weekend and more work for me. After a Friday night out with some friends, I got to work early Saturday and through the day on Sunday. It feels like I didn't get much accomplished but i'm very tired so I must have done something. I just finished some painting so it's blog time then a shower before passing out.

Saturday I worked on the Ronalds house and did a quick install of the new doorbell. Didn't put the new button on but it still works with the old one for the time being. Mostly I just wanted to get this out of the way so it's done and it took only 5 minutes. It has a very pleasant sound yet still makes Oscar go bonkers when he hears it. After finishing the doorbell I worked in the basement doing the oil stain remover in the NW corner which is where I will start the acid etching and floor epoxy once I sweep this up (it's dry and ready to go now.) Consequently, the entire house smells like a big orange because the stuff is citrus based so it's a big added plus!! I worked on replumbing the hose bibs in the laundry room, did some plumbing on the utility sink and redid the duct work on the hot water heater as well. I also finished removing all of the crappy white vinyl pebble-texture tile from the future baby's room which took forever. The smell of old cat urine at 900 degrees as I heat gunned the tiles off was stellar. As a side note, I got Oscar a new bed (Woolrich!) that he's laying in in the picture below. He loves it. After finishing all of this, i went home to our current house and cleaned up all of the ice damaged limbs in the back yard from the ice storm a bit back (see old post.) They are all at the curb for the City crews to pick up Thursday.






















































Today I bought Dad breakfast at Hamburg Inn and we went to Lowe's for a quick lumber run. We hit Caribou Coffee on the way home and then got to work making a laundry utility bench. By lunch time we'd completed it. We were able to use my birthday present - a DeWalt miter saw which was sweet. We got it all assembled and jig-sawed out the opening for the utility sink which I then plumbed up. The faucet is slow, however so I need to investigate the hose washers as I think they might be squished and squelching the flow rates. I have to do some fine-tuning, additional screwing and painting on the bench but it's mainly done now and functional so I have a work/cleanup area to work from. It was a fun project.
















This afternoon I came home and got the first coat of "Just Ducky" Crayola-inspired yellow on 3/4 walls of the baby's room. Tomorrow I will second coat those 3 and then finish the final wall. After that we can hang the nice pictures Carrie's Mom did for us and things will be looking peachy. Dad and Kathie brought over the baby crib that Dad completed last week and I included some pictures here. We have to get the mattress for it at Target yet, but you can see how wonderful it is. We are so grateful and thankful for this wonderful gift... we absolutely love it. Dad has been nothing but generous with us, helping to make things for the baby/house and we thank him for everything. We owe him a lot of free meals and beer (at the minimum.)
















More with next weekend's update...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Wow! That crib is absolutely gorgeous! I sure love the arts
    and crafts style of it. Great
    job, Bill.

    ReplyDelete