Last weekend was a huge weekend in Iowa City. ESPN GameDay was here for the Iowa football game against Ohio State who is #1 in the nation. At the time, Iowa was ranked #13. The game didn't go as well as we liked, but it was a one-in-a-lifetime event nonetheless. The entire city was absolutely nuts for 2 days, everyone was talking about the game.
On Friday afternoon, my friend Brian and I went down to the early GameDay presentation at Hubbard Park on the U of I campus near the student union. GameDay had set everything up down there and it was packed all afternoon. Then on Saturday morning, the official show took off and Carrie joined me down there along with John Downing for the festivities. The atmosphere was awesome, but the best part had to be the signs. Carrie and I are posing here next to one of our favorites. Not pictured was probably my top votegetter - "Troy Smith likes Unicorns" (with a nice rainbow.)

At the game the atmosphere was absolutely insane. The stadium was full to the brim about 45 minutes before kickoff which is about 45 minutes before it's usually full. The crowd was loud all game and often hurt my ears which is unusual as well. I have a picture here from our seats where Will and I were sitting:

Unfortunately we lost the game. But yesterday for homecoming we beat a hot Purdue team 47-17 and got ourselves back on track. The Hawks are looking good and it's been a fun year so far. We went to the parade on Friday night which Henry really seemed to enjoy. He spent a lot of time looking for Herky... which he's quite good at saying by the way. More to come...
yay, rob! i like the variety in voice. you two look cute in your iowa garb! go hawks!
ReplyDelete