Thursday, June 22, 2006

a puppy and a party

i spent last weekend in chicagoland, attending my friend erin's bridal shower on friday, shopping with my mom and going to ravinia with kelly and her husband chris on saturday, and spending father's day with my dad and grandpa. an added bonus was getting to meet julie's new golden retriever puppy, boomer. here he is in his crate the day julie brought him home...

and again, last friday, nosing around mr. schweigert's house slippers. he's growing like a weed! we didn't get oscar till he was 5 months old, so we didn't get to experience as many of the overnight changes and growth spurts (we also got to bypass waking up for 3am potty trips). he's an incredibly mellow dog and had no interest in posing for photos or even looking up when i called his name excitedly, repeatedly. not sure if you can see it in this picture, but julie has outfitted him with a cute, plaid collar.


erin's shower was fun. the opportunities for all four of us--erin, julie, kelly and me--to get together are, sadly, a lot fewer than they used to be. family obligations, travel for work, long-distance relationships, and living away from chicago (me, for the last 8 years. erin, starting this fall) have made group plans a challenge, but we still do our best to see each other when we're in the same place at the same time, and keep up to date on what everyone's up to when we're not.

here's erin looking lovely and bridal in her white dress, expediently making her way through the big pile of presents. she got a lot of baking tools/supplies (can't think of a better word there) and breakfast ware (juice glasses, coffee mugs, cereal bowls). she also received a signed copy of ted allen's cookbook (but not this book)!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I get it. They're both Queer Eyes? It took me a while of going back and forth twixt the books and the blog....but my super keen mind finally deduced what you were getting at.
    SO happy for the new post!!!! I was getting really tired of looking at that bowl of pasta.
    XO
    -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concur on the sauce. While I enjoyed it after I made it, I'm not so good with leftovers so every day when I clicked on your site I was reminded of what was growing old in my fridge! You and your friends look so cute! Is that how B, E & I look?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. B--when i did an amazon search for the cookbook, it also pulled up carson kressley's children's book, whose title i love! you are super keen!

    A--yes, you ladies are equally cute! also, for next time, the sauce freezes great in ziploc bags.

    -c

    ReplyDelete