Thursday, June 08, 2006

blankie

the basket-weave baby blanket i've been working on--my second knitting project-- is finally off the needles. it's around 30"x30" and provided lots of good purling and seed stitching practice. up next are little hats for the preemie project and some kind of shawl (anyone know any good, none-too-difficult patterns?) using the cool yarn i bought in LA.
did you know that saturday is world-wide knit in public day? knitters of the world, unite!

5 comments:

  1. I'm no knitter, but I'm impressed with how perfectly square your blanket is. I know that is difficult to achieve. The texture is interesting with the different squares within the blanket. Nice work! Just think about the thousands of individual and complex hand movements that it took to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrie, it's lovely! your knitting is perfect! go to http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50478222&yarnid=5420127 for a shawl idea. you see the scarf first, but if you download the pattern there is a shawl, too. it's supposed to be easy/beginner lace. i'm thinking of making it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! You all are putting me to shame! What with Amber's fancy sweater-shirt and your blanket for needy babies... All I do is try to knit bulky sweaters with too small of a neck for my own kid....! Keep it up, maybe you'll shame me into finishing that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Beautiful Carrie. I concur with Bill: having those straight edges is difficult to achieve. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Grlzilla,
    Nice work! We hit the KIP in Saxapahaw, NC this weekend.
    Looking forward to seeing your next project, Bee.

    ReplyDelete